Global Talent Independent (GTI) Visa – Subclass 124 / 858
The Australian Government’s Global Talent Independent program (GTI) targets highly skilled and talented individuals and is designed to attract the best and brightest skilled migrants to Australia. In 2010-2021, there were 15,000 places available under the program.
These target sectors currently include:
- Agricultural Technologies (AgTech)
- Cyber Security
- Energy & Mining Technologies (MinTech)
- Financial Technologies (FinTech)
- Medical Technologies & Pharmaceuticals (MedTech)
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science & ICT
- Space & Advanced Manufacturing
Summary of requirements:
In order to be eligible for this visa you must:
- have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in your profession,
- are still prominent in the area;
- would be an asset to the Australian community;
- Have no difficulty in obtaining employment, or in becoming established independently in your field in Australia. Able to earn the Fair Work High Income Threshold (currently $153,600). It is not necessary to provide an employment offer with this salary level.
- are nominated by an eligible person or organisation; and,
- Applicants must also meet health and character requirements and if aged under 18 years or 55 years and over, they must also demonstrate exceptional benefit to Australia.
You must be nominated by an individual or an entity. In order for your nominator to be able to nominate you, your nominator must:
- have a national reputation in Australia in the same field as the person applying for this visa; and be one of the following:
- an Australian citizen;
- an Australian permanent resident;
- an eligible New Zealand Citizen; or
- an Australian organisation
Global Talent Officers cannot be your nominator. You cannot change your nominator once a Distinguished Talent visa application has been lodged. Nominators must be prepared to attest to how the applicant is a global talent and meets the requirements for the grant of the visa.
How to apply
Step 1. Expression of interest
Submit an expression of interest (EOI) using Global Talent contact form.
If you meet the program parameters, you will receive a unique identifier.
Step 2. Apply for a visa
After you receive a unique identifier, lodge the visa application via ImmiAccount.
Ensure you choose the correct visa subclass when lodging.
- If you are outside Australia at the time of application, lodge a Subclass 124 Distinguished Talent visa.
- If you are in Australia at the time of application, lodge a Subclass 858 Distinguished Talent visa.
How we can help:
Parish Patience Immigration Lawyers is highly experienced in all parts of the Global Talent visa application process. We are able to assist with all aspects of the application, and can also provide advice in relation to:
- your eligibility for a Global Talent Independent visa
- documents to demonstrate your skills and ability to attract salary
- Undertaking research to support the application
- Interviewing referees
- Drafting supporting references, outlining achievements, prominence and benefit to Australia
- Drafting extensive submissions on how the applicant meets the requirements
- Preparing and submitting the nomination and visa applications
Parish Patience Immigration Lawyers will provide an eligibility assessment before advising you to proceed with a visa application.
Parish Patience Immigration Lawyers has been a well-known and reputable firm within the immigration profession. Parish Patience Lawyers, Migration Agents and other staff regularly present papers at major Australian and international conferences, and have assisted thousands of visa applicants at every stage of the application and appeal process.
Our professional team at Parish Patience is committed to establishing and maintaining long-lasting relationships with our clients. We offer trusted, personal and practical advice at cost effective rates best suited to each individual case. The staff at Parish Patience has the experience, expertise, and qualifications to provide high quality service in immigration