From 1 July 2016, applicants will only be able to apply for the Subclass 500 (Student) or Subclass 590 (Student Guardian) visas in order to study in Australia or accompany a person studying in Australia. Overseas students who wish to study in Australia may apply for the Subclass 500 (Student) visa, regardless of which education sector they are enrolled in.
Online application: All students are required to make (lodge) their applications online.
– With limited exceptions, the students must be enrolled in a course of study that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas for Overseas Students (CRICOS). If they are applying from outside Australia, they must include a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for each intended course of study with their visa application. A letter of offer from their education provider will not be accepted. If they are in Australia, they can apply with a letter of offer or a CoE but they must obtain a CoE to be granted the visa.
– If required, applicants seeking to meet the primary criteria for grant of a student visa must provide evidence of the English skills such as IELTS, TOELF, Cambridge English, Pearson Test of English or occupational English test results with specified score.
– All Student visa applicants must have genuine access to sufficient funds to cover costs and expenses for themselves and any accompanying family applicants for the duration of the intended stay in Australia. If required, the applicant must provide additional evidence of their financial capacity as specified. Students must show that they have access to funds that is genuinely available to them, to pay for your course fees, and travel and living costs for them and their accompanying family members while they are in Australia.
– A student visa applicant must provide evidence of adequate arrangements in Australia for health insurance during their period of intended stay in Australia.
– If the students are under 18 years of age, they need to have welfare arrangements in place while they are in Australia.
– Students must show that they are of good health and character.
– Students can apply for a student visa to study at primary or secondary school in Australia, regardless of their country of citizenship.The maximum period for a Student visa in the school sector is five years with the exception of primary school aged students where a maximum of two years will apply.
permanent humanitarian visa
You must have a sponsor when you lodge your application and when you are on this visa.
We must approve your sponsor. There are limitations on approval.
You can’t change your sponsor. The person who sponsors you when you apply for the visa must be same person who sponsors you for 2 years after we grant your temporary 309 Partner visa
If you need to apply for a visa and want the process as smooth of an experience possible, talk with one our Migration Experts. Alongside their expert knowledge about migration laws they will make sure your application goes through quickly so that all eyes can stay on what really matters you.
You can be confident in your decision to get assistance from Parish Patience as an immigration lawyer. Our team of experts will provide you with the best service and advice possible for all visa needs, so don’t hesitate any longer!
Level 3, 83 York Street Sydney NSW 2000
02 9286 8700