Temporary Activity Visas (400, 403, 407 & 408)

Senior Worker Choosing Tools
Play Video

Temporary Activity Visa - Subclass 408 - Covid-19 Pandemic

Australian Government has introduced new measures in response to COVID-19.

Temporary work visa holders including working holiday makers who are employed in critical sectors including agriculture, health, aged and disability care and childcare will be exempt from six-month work limitation with one employer.

Working holiday makers employed in critical sectors who haven’t completed 3 or 6 months of special work required to apply for second or third Working Holiday Maker visa and are unable to return to their home country can apply for COVID–19 pandemic Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408) and will not incur a visa application charge.

This visa will allow you to remain lawfully in Australia and continue working.

Those who are in Australia with the Seasonal Worker Program whose visas are expiring will be able to extend their stay in Australia by applying for this visa.

You also must meet the health and character requirements, adequate health insurance and be able to support yourself and any dependents and be a genuine temporary entrant.

formore information contact us here:

Cource: MIA Notice No. 32 – 06 April 2020

Temporary Activity Visa - FAQs

Meet relationship requirements  
In most cases, you must be the 
spouse or de facto partner of an: 
  • Australian citizen
  • Australian permanent resident or
  • eligible New Zealand citizen 
Your relationship can be with
 someone of the same or different sex. 
You might still be eligible for the visa if  your relationship breaks down or your sponsor dies while we are considering your application. 
Married applicants 
To be a married applicant: 
  • you and your spouse must both be committed to a shared life together to the exclusion of all others
  • your relationship with your spouse must be genuine and continuing
  • you must live with your spouse or do not live apart on a permanent basis
  • your marriage must be valid under Australian law 
To find out if your marriage is valid 
under Australian law, contact
 the relevant state or territory agency for births, deaths and marriages. 
De facto partners 
To be a de facto partner, you must be in a de facto relationship. you and your partner are in a de facto relationship if all these apply: 
  • you are not married to each other
  • you are committed to a shared life to the exclusion of all others
  • your relationship is genuine and continuing
  • you live together or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis
  • you are not related by family 
Usually your de facto relatioship must have existed for at least 12 months immediately before you  apply for the visa. 
Time spent dating or in an online 
relationship might not count 
as being 
in a de facto  relationship. 
The 12- month requirement will not apply if you can show us compelling and compassionate 
circumstances exist to grant the 
subclass 820 visa. 
The 12-month requirement also will not apply if: 
  • your partner holds or held a

    permanent humanitarian visa

  • your de facto relationship existed before we granted their visa
  • you de facto partner told us about the relationship before we granted their visa  
It also will not apply if you: 
  • are in a de facto relationship with a partner who is an applicant for a permanent humanitarian visa, or
  • you have registered your relationship with an Australian authority such as a registry of births, deaths and marriages 
You might still be granted the temporary 
visa if your relationship
 has broken down or if your sponsor died.

You must have a sponsor when you lodge your application and when you are on this visa. 

We must approve your sponsor. There are limitations on approval. 

You can’t change your sponsor. The person who sponsors you when you apply for the visa must be same person who sponsors you for 2 years after we grant your temporary 309 Partner visa

Book your appointments now

Talk to Experts

Need assistance in your next visa application process?

If you need to apply for a visa and want the process as smooth of an experience possible, talk with one our Migration Experts. Alongside their expert knowledge about migration laws they will make sure your application goes through quickly so that all eyes can stay on what really matters you.